Thursday, August 14, 2008

Change of plans


"I've commanded you to be strong and brave. Don't ever be afraid or discouraged! I am the LORD your God, and I will be there to help you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 CEV

This has been 'my verse' for a while now and the reason for my tatoo. But I was looking at it again today with new eyes.

I've always thought of it as- each person has a different calling, and God is with them all, whatever He asks them to do. Which is true for sure. But today I was looking at it in terms of my own life.

Right now I'm working in a new church with kids and teens, going to school... all of that. I know God's called me here right now, no doubt. But what about a year from now? When I have my associates, the church is functional, and I'm 20 1/2?

I have a friend who's going to drop all, pick up, and go to Kenya with a mission group for 6 months starting in Nov. In a way I envy him, I almost went to Africa myself, then said- ya' know God, I think I'll wait on that until I'm old enough for it to count.

I rather regret that. Even though I know I'm where God planned for me to be right now, I wish I'd had more of a heart at the time.

It could still happen though. I don't know what the next year holds, and God said He'd be with me WHEREVER I go. Africa. Europe. S.America. or even right here.

My life plan has always been:
-finish college
-get a job
-get married
-do whatever God wants with my life

But I was just thinking today how skewed that is!
Doing what God wants came last... like the rest was prep to be ready to. But He said wherever, and whenever. Right where I am.
I mean, He already changed that up a bit- I'm already working as a pastor, (by His grace alone that is,) and college is going well alongside it as I've worked off and on.

He's changed my plans in so many ways to fit His, it's only a shadow of the original thought- but I wouldn't have it any other way :-)

I'm just super excited as I notice how I need to open up my plans a little. Or a lot. .... yeah a lot. =)

1 comment:

God's Girl said...

God will guide you as you walk with Him! Seek Him first and then every thing else will be added unto you.

Thanks for sharing! Your blog blessed me!

All for Jesus,
Julie

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones